Saturday, September 17, 2005

You Got A Fast Car.


Seems like Porsches are a dime a dozen in L.A. Everyone's got one. Every black guy in L.A. it seems. Except me.

In the span of ten minutes, however, I saw three Porsches driven by black men. On LaBrea heading toward The Ten Freeway. Kinda cool.

No point. Just really cool seeing people doing their thing and buying (or leasing) what they want. I remember a time when a Cadillac was the ultimate black man fantasy car. Had quite a few in my family while growing up. Detroit. Car town. Ya know?

It is a hot car! The Porsche. And the Cadillac.

fs

2 comments:

Avowed_Southern_Democrat said...

There was a hot yellow Porsche parked outside of this sidewalk cafe in West Village in NY a few weeks ago. Guys passing by would stop and take pictures next to it. Eventually, a young upscale looking couple got in it and drove off. Made for quite a show for a while. One day when I grow up....
Shem hotep!

Waddie G. said...

any of those Black men single, gay, and ONLY into Black men??? LOL...that sounded soooo shallow...ok, they can be into white men too as long as I have a chance...lol