Monday, September 12, 2005

Barry White. Staying Power



Barry White would have been 61 today, September 12.

Ever since I was a kid, I was a Barry White fan. I don't know if it was the voice. The "sexy talk" in between singing lyrics. Or just the talent. He wrote, sang, and played instruments on all his music. Unlike most musical artists today.

Very fitting that his last CD was named "Staying Power." Because his voice, music, and style will never go away.

Favorite Barry tracks: "Practice What You Preach," "You're The First, The Last, My Everything," "It's Ecstacy When You Lay Down Next To Me," "Playing Your Game Babe," "Love Is The Icon," and "Staying Power."

fs

1 comment:

~^^~L*C~^^~ said...

I've been meaning to comment on this; I love Barry White as well. U know I didn't even know he had passed away, how saaaaaaaaad! I'm gonna cry now. I love his voice, so deep and sensual. I like those same songs as you fred!