Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Laugh Out Loud Funny


So I'm reading Conversations With The Fat Girl right now. It's by my friend Liza Palmer. And it's laugh out loud funny. With substance.

I like those kind of books... those that make you laugh, and make you think and see life through the eyes of a character with a fun(ny) voice.

Conversations is doing that to me now. The main character, Maggie, had quite a voice.
I remember reading A Day Late and A Dollar Short and laughing out loud. Especially the mom, Viola.
Even some of J. California Cooper's work gave me a laugh out loud moment.
And for those of you now reading Tayari Jones' The Untelling, the mom's actions and words provide some laugh out loud moments.

What novels have tickled your funny bone? A character? A line? A voice? What would you recommend for someone looking for a laugh out loud moment?
fs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it would have to be "Can't Get Enough" by Connie Briscoe and "The Best Kept Secret" by Kimberly Lawson Roby. Both of these books are part of a series but are funny as hell.

Anonymous said...

Shady, by Blaine Teamer. It is a must read and a laugh riot!