Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Anonymous

"Please note: The most vile of the ignorant never sign with a name - they stick to anonymous because they realize they are (thankfully) the minority viewpoint." -- comment by Alisa Valdes Rogriguez on her blog, La Queen Sucia.

Anonymity is good in some places. You know when/where.

I'm not so sure about the whole anonymous thing when it comes to the blog world. Of course, when you don't have to give your name, you can hide and say what you REALLY feel. It's mostly negative, err... "promoting dialogue/encouraging critical thinking" blah blah blah.

"Anonymous" has been infiltrating a couple blogs that I really like to read. I read these blogs because I like the blogger, their stories, and their point of view. Sometimes I'll read comments. Sometimes I'll leave one. But what I choose to read is exactly that... a matter of choice. If I don't like it, I generally won't read it. "Anonymous" might think about this.

Tayari Jones talks about
anonymous book reviewers in her blog. Read what she has to say about "Anonymous."

I don't think "Anonymous" will ever leave our midst. But, if you're listening and/or reading, we'd like to challenge you to stand up and put your name up with your comments like the bloggers whose pages you infiltrate with negative vibes, err... critical thinking moments.

I'm cool. Just thinking. Always critically thinking, but willing to put my name with my thoughts.
fs

No comments: