Monday, February 20, 2006

San Diego Day

Heading to San Diego today for a reading and book discussion at Cal State San Marcos. Should be a lot of fun and a beautiful day to drive down the Pacific Coast from L.A. Thank God not a lot of traffic expected, due to the holiday. No traffic is a treat over here.

Funny thing. I know a lot of you are living where it truly is cold and you get lots of snow. Well, sometimes in Southern California we get a little spoiled in terms of weather.


This morning, it's 45 degrees in L.A. I had my car heater on 72, seat warmers on, and some people on the streets had on their hats, gloves, and scarves. That's a funny sight... given the perspective of how the weather is in other parts of the U.S. I don't know what it is about us in SoCali, but our bodies are very sensitive to what we consider cold weather.

Anyway... still reading
Kindred by Octavia Butler... almost done. Highly recommended. Looking forward to the new one by Pearl Cleage which comes out in about a week, Baby Brother's Blues.

Highlight from the weekend. Meeting Doris Robert, the grandma from Everybody Loves Raymond. She hosted a special cabaret night of the Gay Men's Chorus of L.A. Very nice woman with perfect comedic timing... I guess that's why she's won five Emmy Awards.

Anyway, off to San Diego. Have a great day!
fs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I visited San Diego. That is truly the only time I wanted to pick-up the phone and call the office and say "I quit".

Had a ball. Hope you did too!

Kevin C
ATL