Tuesday, February 14, 2006

R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-osas!

If any of you have been to L.A.'s nightclubs, specifically West Hollywood and other boy spots in L.A., you've met this woman. Because she greets you with her familiar sales phrase, "R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-osas???"

She sells roses. Many have jokingly nicknamed her Rosario, because of her rose/club business. But we all love her and love rolling our Rs as we say and buy our r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-osas.

I have been a busy boy lately. Many of you know that I am a writer who supports his writing life by working at a university. And lately, I have taken on more responsibilities which require more of my time during and beyond the designated work hours, and even some weekends, as was the case this past weekend. I'm learning a lot and seeing my to-do list grow by leaps and bounds. It's a good thing.

But... that's what you do when you're committed to your work and career. The hours don't matter. Doing a great job, maintaining relationships, finishing on time, going BEYOND expectations are the things that matter. Especially when young minds are the recipients of your work. The students matter. At least to me anyway.

So, I haven't been going out much. But my social and writing lives are still fairly active. Sleep? What's sleep? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Anyway, I get Daily Candy everyday in my mailbox. Today's entry, What in Carnation?, is a fun play on words related to Valentine's Day. Read it... and laugh to your heart's content. And next time you're in L.A., get a rose or a couple dozen from our friend. Or better yet, go buy some flowers for yourself one day this week... just because!

Have a good one!
fs

2 comments:

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

LMAO!
YES FOR THE PICTURE FRED!

the last noel said...

That Roses Woman has been around for years! Weho would be nothing without her.