Monday, February 06, 2006

The Grammy Gusher.

Even though I live in L.A., and it's quite a regular thing to see public figures on the streets, it's still a treat to see and meet folks up close and in person. I'm such a gusher. Not in the annoying, in your face kinda way, but more of an in my mind... kinda gusher.

The Grammy Awards take place this Wednesday in L.A., celebrating the best in music of the past year. On a total whim, I decided to go out to The Abbey in West Hollywood last night, after attending a very cool performance at Space (where, by the way, if in L.A. you can catch Sheryl Lee Ralph perform this Tuesday evening... at no cost.)

Anyway, glad I went to The Abbey. Many of your and my favorite musicians, their stylists, and their "people" were hanging out, relaxing, being themselves, while in L.A. for the Grammy Awards.

Total fun. Only wish I'd taken my camera. But then, that would make me a paparazzi gusher... and that's definitely not cool.
fs

1 comment:

HOLIDAY N said...

i love award time in L.A. I've had the pleasure of going to a few award shows myself and Cali just has this Hollywood flair that other cities can't attain...NYC is always so hip and trendy that it comes across blase and in miami the parties,people and scenery is so hot that it seems to lack the glam of L.A.