Saturday, April 09, 2005

80s Memory Lane Ideas and Cheating Motivation

I'm exploring love between generations in my second novel. That's all I'll say for now. I'm reading through the manuscript now... and my agent is doing the same in NYC this weekend... and I realize I'm missing some important details about the 80s. I'm talking urban 80s, not general population 80s.

For some reason, the only songs coming to mind are Planet Rock, Love is Congagious (by Taja Seville), Meeting In the Ladies Room, I Want Her (by Keith Sweat), It Takes Two (Rob Base -- is that 80s or 90s???), and Just Got Paid. I know there's more. Oh yeah, Let's Hear It For The Boy (Deniece Williams), Jam On It, I Need Love (LL), and Sugar Walls (Sheena Easton). What else??? We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off (To Have A Good Time, No No) by Jermaine Stewart. OK. Let me stop... with the lies of that last song. lol. Because you need to take your clothes off to try new ones on at the department store. Duh!?!? I digress...

What are some of your urban 80s songs, groups, hairstyles, and fashions? This is research that may be used to flesh out some details of my new novel.

And while you're at it, answer me this... what would motivate a person to stay in a relationship (or start one) with a known cheater? Do you have friends who've been in the situation? What keeps them in it... even when they and their friends know what's going on? And have you picked up your spring accessory that everyone's carrying around this season??? Someone five to ten years younger??? lol.
fs

No comments: