Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Productive

I don't know.

Maybe it's the Carrie Bradshaw "Sex and The City" movie effect, since she's a writer.

Or maybe it's knowing the school year ends in just a few days, and I'll have two and a half months of down time.

Or maybe it's attending Book Expo America this weekend, the publishing industry trade show, and feeling weird that I didn't have a new product ready to promote, along with the thousands of other new books coming out. Like, my friend Fiona is on her fourth novel, Hungry For It, since 2005.

Maybe it's calming down on the Puma front for a bit... the 30/20 dating thing.

Or maybe it was the nice, yet professionally firm, conversations with some folks at my publishing house reminding me of the book-a-year pact, and that's how a published author's career grows.

But whatever it is... I've had one of the most productive writing weeks in months.

I'm even getting up again for my 5am writing sessions... and falling asleep at the keyboard every night. That's a good thing for me... and for the people who read my books.
fs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. I can't wait for you next installment. Also, did you get a chance to check out the book by Terrance Dean? Any comments? Not like we didn't know.

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

FREDERICO!

I was actually going to email you before I saw your post.

I was basically going to tell you thank you for inspiring me to wake up and write at the crack of dawn...

I don't know if I can get into doing it every morning...lol...but I get it.

I didn't even know that I could come up with shit this dam early...

but again thank you...

Noel Alumit said...

You were at Book Expo? Dang, we should have hung out.