Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Thought I'd Won A Daytime Emmy...

But then I woke up. Just a dream. Wanna hear about it? Here it goes.

I was in the Kodak Theater, nominees section for the Daytime Emmy Awards, sitting with the production staff of Young and The Restless. I was nominated for Outstanding Writing, and I was the co-head writer.

I watched with a slight mist in my eyes, as the scenes I'd submitted were shown before the audience while the nominations were being read.

When the announcer read my writing team had won, I did the speech, thanked all the family and staff from Y&R, and then did my best to implore Victoria Rowell to come back to Y&R as Drucilla because the show really needed her.

Yeah, I know. My dreams can be over the top.

But then the funny thing, is the next scene of the dream, Victoria Rowell was a special presenter for a Lifetime Achievement Award, and before reading the script, she announced she had recently signed a new contract to return to Y&R.

She was happy. I was happy. Then I woke up. No Daytime Emmy next to my bed. Just the sunlight. And a desire to go catch up on the week of Young and Restless episodes sitting on the DVR. Or to listen to the Daytime Confidential podcast.
fs

2 comments:

Demetrius said...

Have you thought about writing a dramatic maxi- or any type of tv series?

:-)

Demetrius said...

Have you thought about writing a dramatic maxi- or any type of tv series?

:-)