Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fiona Is Fast

Seems like it was just a year ago I was writing about Fiona Zedde about to put out a new novel. Yeah, it was a year ago. It was her third, Every Dark Desire.

Next week, Fiona's fourth novel comes out. That's four novels in four years. Hungry For It. Fiona's explained it to me in detail. And it sounds very exciting. Love the cover, huh?

So if you're in the Atlanta area soon, Fiona will be doing a number of promotional events. Hopefully you can check her out.

Meantime, let me get back to the keyboard so that I make my end-of-summer deadline. I'm trying to be as fast as Fiona!
fs

2 comments:

Cherlyn Michaels said...

I'm in GA now so thanks for the tip Fred. Hope all is well! :-)

Anonymous said...

Fred,

I love and support your fiction. "Down for Whatever" was the first gay novel I bought, and eagerly awaited and read "Right Side of the Wrong Bed." But, if I may suggest, keep in mind that faster doesn't necessarily mean good, or better. I consider you a good novelist and hope you have a long lasting solid career a la E. Lynn Harris which you are very capable of--you are my generations E. Lynn Harris!--but putting out poorly written novels is not going to cut it. "Right Side of the Wrong Bed" was good conceptually and I wanted to love it, but, boo, there were moments (one too many) in which I questioned if what I was reading was written by an amateurish twenty year old. The language, especially, was just not good. Now, I am not hating on you just sharing my two cents as a fan and hoping you take what I just said into consideration, find some positive in it and write a fantastic third, fourth, fifth novel.

much love & respect
Xavier