Good friend is in town this weekend. Visiting from Oakland. Hoping to seal a music deal. So awesome!
A Different Light in West Hollywood is a fun place to do a book reading and signing, especially when your podium is located right in front of the "adult" magazines, and customers are anxious and have no shame to peruse while you're reading. It's also fun when your prom date shows up to the reading... and your writer buddy Liza, whose book "Conversations With The Fat Girl" comes out in September on Warner Books. So funny!
Bringing out my old CDs and reminiscing on some good times. Current classics in rotation:
- Pebbles' "Always" CD, and "Giving You The Benefit";
- Crystal Waters' "Surprise" CD and "Gypsy Woman (Homeless)";
- Tracie Spencer's CD with "Tender Kisses";
- Patti LaBelle's "Burnin'" CD, and "Feels Like Another One" and "Somebody Loves You Baby (You Know Who It Is)";
- Li'l Louie CD with "Lonely People" and "Music Changed My Life"... boy, the good old days of house music and sneaking into clubs while underage... yeah, that happened in my lifetime!;
- Whitney's "Whitney" with "So Emotional" and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody";
- Mariah Carey's "Emotions" CD, with my all time favorite motivational song "Make It Happen."
- Diana Ross' anything, with my other all time favorite motivational song "It's My Turn."
Hope you're having a feel good Friday... and weekend too!