Sunday, May 04, 2008

Saturday Night... In

Maybe it's the higher power's way of telling me something.

My alarm clock, which I thought I'd set, didn't go off at 8:30 pm as planned. My power nap turned into a power hibernation. Woke up at 11:30 pm. Way past birthday party time, a party I was looking forward to. In that groggy mood, where you could jump in shower, find a no-iron shirt, and get somewhere a little after midnight. But...

Nah. Got a little writing momentum going. Caught up on this week's Bold and the Beautiful (very tear-jerking story this week...) Listening to the quiet of my neighborhood at night. Amazing that all you hear is breeze, a few birds in trees, and an occasional car drive by.

I realize that as weird as it is to be in on Saturday, for many people it's weird to do something on a Saturday night.

Saturday night in. Not my usual cup of tea. But it's not so bad.
fs

No comments: