Sunday, December 23, 2007

What You Been Up To?

First of all, a lot of changes coming in the blogosphere the next few days. Bookmark my site: www.simplyfredsmith.blogspot.com so that you can always find me. I'll still be around.

Been in Michigan the past few days. The earliest I've ever come home for the holiday season. Keep forgetting that Michigan is a swing state. So the tv ads for the various candidates are everywhere. It's kinda cool, because in California, L.A. in particular, which is straight up blue state, and probably leaning toward the former first lady, we don't get to see any ads or much commentary.

Been enjoying reading Nathan McCall's Them. If you're in a book club, this book could be ripe for discussion. Lots of likeable and unlikeable characteristics in the characters, tons of issues like ethnicity and class, even a little bit of dysfunctional romance.

Been doing some writing. It's hard, because the holidays are my down time -- no students, no work -- but for the family, it's their prime time to see me. So I'm up at the oddest times squeezing in a few pages here and there. I'm three months late on a manuscript that I'm hoping to turn in by end of January. Wish me luck.

Been enjoying the feedback and thoughts from those of you who've picked up Right Side of the Wrong Bed. I can't wait to join your group discussions. There's a LOT we can discuss!

Hope it's a good one for you.
fs

No comments: