Monday, October 01, 2007

As If...

As if I didn't have a day job to get to on Monday morning, I just got in an hour ago from an evening at The Abbey in West Hollywood. It's 1 am now.

Big surprise seeing it as crowded as it was, filled with hundreds of bar-hoppers, enjoying the latest hip hop and $15 martinis. It was as if none of them had to get up on Monday morning either. The Abbey. Black Sunday. That's a whole entry in itself.

Of course none of them probably spent all day at the West Hollywood Book Fair, where I was with Fiona and my other writer friend Rhonda. Went to some great panels on historical fiction, lesbian foremothers in fiction, and making your book a success.

And for the first time in a long time, I felt 100% satisfied with the panels I attended. Like, I stayed at all of them for the entire time they were in session. And learned some good things too, which is always a treat.

It was as if I got a day of writer classes at no cost. The best deal around.
fs

No comments: