Friday, December 19, 2008

Bitter With Baggage Seeks Same

When I saw this book in my boss' office the other day, I just cracked up laughing. He's a cool and positive-minded guy, and I wondered what would make him buy a book called Bitter With Baggage Seeks Same by Sloane Tanen.

He said it was a gift from someone who noticed he was going through a moment. We all have our moments. But I checked out the book, and to my surprise it was more motivational than anything really bitter.

So if you (or someone you know) need a moment to put the bitter-with-baggage attitude aside, I'd suggest picking up Sloane Tanen's book or any of her other books.

I have my bitter-with-baggage moments myself. Sometimes try to play the martyr, saying to myself, "Must I do EVERYthing?" or "Who told them they could leave at 5?"

Then I get over it. Sometimes it takes some Beyonce. Sometimes it takes vodka. Sometimes it takes watching the news and seeing how others suffer WAY more than me. Sometimes it's just taking stock at the end of the day and realizing that days when NOTHING happens are actually the days we should be thankful for.

Happy wknd!
fs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The title [and illustration] is very catchy. Will buy a copy during lunch tomorrow.