Monday, November 19, 2007

I Want A Little Caddy

So these past few months, I've been on this mental car shopping hunt. Not sure if I want to get a new car, or just keep the one I've had for the past two years.

Fiona Zedde and I test drove the VW Eos and that was pretty much the car I'd had in my mind as my next one. Cute, convertible, classy.

But then the past couple weeks, I've been on this Cadillac kick. Been admiring the CTS's I'd been seeing on the road. Told a few friends I was feeling Cadillacs, and that it would probably be the only American-made car I'd get. I've been an Acura/Volkswagen/BMW kinda guy since I've been buying my own cars over the years.

Anyway, they laughed, said it was the Detroiter in me. For those of you not familiar, Cadillacs are like the middle-class family's Mercedes in Detroit... at least it was like that when I was growing up.

Well, I guess my hunch on the Cadillac CTS isn't so off. It's been named the Motor Trend Car of the Year.
Only confirming that I want a little caddy in my driveway when it's time for me to get my next vehicle.
fs

No comments: