Monday, August 22, 2005

Read This.

OK. Didn't have a topic for today. But read Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez blog/column today. It's about Iraq, and makes great connections to why we need to be scared about what's happening in D.C. and around the world... and how these events could affect our ability to buy and read some of the fiction we choose to read and buy. In her case, books about Latina women. In most of our cases, books about blacks, Latinos, Asians, gays and lesbians, and immigrants.

Take a look at the rest of her blog too. I have to read sometimes two or three times a day for both the fun entries as well as entries like today.

I promise I'll have my own original topic tomorrow. My brain is a little drained from bringing work home this weekend.

And... I didn't know this... only Congress can declare war... and so this "thing" we're doing in Iraq is not really legal. It's funny what happens when you get new knowledge. You think a bit more. And, well... our current folks in power don't want people thinking very much... because to think means to speak truth to power... and when you speak truth to power... well, you get silenced... in the name of unity. Hmmm...
fs

No comments: