Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One Shining Moment. USC.

So I'm not all doom and gloom, as my previous entry might have seemed. But in the midst of reflecting and packing, I did an event over at USC (University of Southern California) on Wednesday evening. It was my first reading and signing in about three weeks, and I gotta tell you it was great. I think not being in front of a crowd was contributing to my moodiness lately. Shy as I am sometimes, I love talking.

But, thanks to friends and colleagues Corliss Bennett (Center for Black Cultural and Student Affairs), Billy Vela (El Centro Chicano), and Vincent Vigil (LGBT Student Affairs) I was able to get back into the swing of things and read, sign, and bring some smiles and laughs to the USC community. Great crowd of about 25 students and staff, including friends like Sabrina, Josh, Q, Dallas, Joey, Mary, and others. Thanks for coming out... I know the first week of school, especially at USC, can be filled with a ga-zillion options for things to do. But you came to hear about Down For Whatever. And I appreciate it. And thanks for buying all the books you did, too!

OK. Back to packing. It's around midnight. Clothes are folded and in a neat stack. VH1 Soul is on. Book stuff is scattered around the living room. I can't sleep. Gotta be up by 4 am to head to LAX. Think I'll sleep on the plane. Hitting the ground running in ATL. I'm outta here! Write you in a few days!
fs

1 comment:

Clay said...

you said: I think not being in front of a crowd was contributing to my moodiness lately.

spoken like a true artist!!!!!!