Friday, September 01, 2006

Reminiscing. Atlanta Pride.

Just sitting here, in Detroit, on a Friday evening, reminiscing about where I was last Labor Day weekend. Atlanta for In the Life Atlanta. Real fun time. I was a little under the weather that weekend, so I didn't hit all the clubs with my friends like I wanted to.

But today, I started thinking about what In the Life Atlanta, or any other black gay pride event, must have been like in say... the early or mid 90s. When house and dance music ruled, and the whole playing gender/thug-hyper-masculine/hip hop thing wasn't the flavor of the day.

And I came up with these. Feel free to add your own. They're all You Tube links... in case you've got a ton of time on your hands, like me. fs.

Crystal Waters. Homeless.
Lil Louis. French Kiss.
Martha Wash. Give it to You.
CeCe Peniston. We Got a Love Thang.
Robin S. Show Me Love.

And winding down the first night of pride wknd, whether your decade was 70s, 80s, or 90s:
CeCe Peniston. Finally.
Mary Jane Girls. In My House.
Donna Summer. Last Dance.

No comments: