Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Homefront.

Mood Tune: Venus by Bananarama (YouTube video link)

Why does it take a visitor to your place to really make you appreciate where you live?

Fiona Zedde arrived yesterday a we prepare for today's West Hollywood Book Fair. We did some Thai food at a place near my place. We stopped by a local haunt to people watch and to help my friend celebrate his birthday. We talked books, being on the same label, people watching, my Erica Kane string of relationships and dates, and how great Fiona thinks my apartment is.

Go figure.

I'm always complaining about how I don't feel like I have enough room, or that the neighborhood isn't close to the "happening" spots, blah blah blah. But she was admiring big front window that overlooks the street, the quietness, the flowering tree outside the big front window, and all that.

I'm like, I guess... I've overlooked those things and taken it all for granted. And because I don't host a lot of friends at my place, I guess I never really know what's good or not good. Seems to be very L.A. to host and/or congregate with friends "out": restaurants, bars, clubs, events. Maybe it's just my circle of friends.

So now... I like my place again. And I don't plan to move... at least for another year. And I'm glad Fiona is going to be on the same panel as me today. In just a few hours.

I need the positive energy and vibes she gives.
fs

No comments: