Monday, October 31, 2005

Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago


So excited to see the World Premiere of the new Lee Ann Womack video, Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago, on CMT the other night.

It's from her CD, There's More Where That Came From, that I raved about when it came out back in March. It's one of the best country CDs released this year, and with all the traditional country music themes of infidelity, broken hearts, drinking and dialing, searching for happiness, and looking back at life and husbands, along with a traditional country sound, I'm sure it'll be a strong contender for a Grammy.

I know some of you who read my stuff may be a little leery about the country stuff. It's just not our normal music genre, you say.

But trust... if you've come home a little tipsy and called an ex (I May Hate Myself in the Morning, But I'm Gonna Love You Tonight), been tempted to step out on your partner (There's More Where That Came From), been broken up with unexpectedly (The Last Time), been haunted by the ex's memory (One's A Couple), or wondered about the status of your life and partners and choices (Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago), you'll love this.

I pulled out some old journals, like from freshman and sophomore year of college. Geez, I made some innocent and dumb choices. And the crushes... well, I could put Liz Taylor or Erica Kane in some serious last-name competition if you spelled out all the names of my exes (and wannabe exes, lol). But that was many years and...
fs

2 comments:

Waddie G. said...

interesting post...I secretly really like Faith Hill, Garth Brooks and Shania Twain...back in the day, I really liked Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Barbara Mandrell and the Madrell Sisters

prodigalsun said...

Mandrell sisters?! lol Remember that show? LOL Wow... that was a flashback.

Shania is my girl. 'You've got a way with me' is a hot song... ;-)