Thursday, December 20, 2007

Travel Companionship

So I know a lot of you will be at the airport, train station, or bus depot (do people Greyhound anymore???) as you make your way to travel destinations.

If you're like me, you kinda get sick of your music collection (as fabulous as it is!!!) every now and then.

So why not catch up on some downloadable travel companionship for your iPods/mp3s this weekend...

A few of my favorites:
NPR Books podcast

Daytime Confidential podcast -- for all you daytime drama fans. Check out their website here.

On that note, they've also compiled a "What Was Worst on Young and Restless 2007" list. The show sucked all year with the new headwriter and producer crew. I could check off everything on that list. Bring back the CLASSIC Young and Restless that was the leader for a reason!

OK. Back to podcasts...

One of the first podcasts I discovered when I got an iPod was Feast of Fools. A good mix of information and comedy.

And for those of you who haven't met me, you can "meet" me through an interview I did with the FOF crew a few weeks ago. Coming Together. Leave some comments... link to your site... say hi! :-)

So, what other podcasts would you recommend for our travel listening pleasure? Um, does Michael Baisden have a podcast for his show? I try to listen on radio when I can... but I'm usually in meetings or working to catch everyday.

Happy and safe travels. I'll be checking in from time to time. Still gotta shop. And still gotta get cracking on the novel manuscript that was due like September 30. Yeah, I got work to do this holiday season!
fs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the Indie Travel Podcast and, recently, "the Bugle" which I found on the iTunes store, hence the lack of a link.

I also enjoy the free audiobooks made by volunteers from Librivox