Sunday, November 05, 2006

Seduced by Bacon

Mood Tune: Gimme by Jill Scott (YouTube)

Geez, if it were only that easy.

But seriously, it's Sunday morning. I'm ready for breakfast/brunch before doing my work. And getting me in the mood... for food, is this new book.
Seduced by Bacon: America's Favorite Indulgence.

I'm such a foodwhore, that on days when I say I'm doing only turkey sausage or turkey bacon, when I see/smell that hot sizzling pork bacon on someone else's plate, I give up the pretense of being a healthy eater... and find myself seduced by bacon.

When I was a kid, my dad used to wake/make us get up at 6:30 in the morning before school for a full breakfast that he made -- eggs, grits, orange juice... and bacon. The smell of frying bacon in the house always was an incentive for me to forego a few extra minutes of sleep.

Weird... how the smell of bacon brings back memories... of childhood, summer camp, that "morning after," or of there being nothing else in the house that's cheap or quick to make.

I guess we're all seduced by bacon at some point or another in our lives.
fs

1 comment:

dancehard said...

DO NOT GIVE INTO THE SEDUCTION!!! Put down the swine! LOL i'm not even gonna lie...i was a bit tempted after seeing the cover of that book. I'm trying HARD to leave the pork at the store, but every now and then I lose the fight and indulge in a slice of crispy delight or a juicy pork sausage link....ugh i'm hopeless :)