Thursday, September 14, 2006

West Hollywood Book Fair 2006

Mood tune: Take Care of You by Shanice (Flex and Shanice are just TOO cute together in this video)

Join me, if you're in Los Angeles this Sunday, September 17, 2006, at the West Hollywood Book Fair.

Heard there will be special appearances by Hill Harper (pictured left w/his book), Jackie Collins, and other cool folks like that.

I'm participating on a panel called "Scratching Our Niche: New LGBT Writers on 'Getting the Word Out.'"

The panel I'm on features myself and Fiona Zedde (A Taste of Sin), moderator Max Pierce, and Don Barrett, D. Travers Scott, and Jim Tushinski. Our panel takes place at 11 am on the day of the fest, and the fair continues until 6 pm.

Yeah, it's early for you Saturday night party heads, but for book lovers I'm sure it's a perfect time. Get your morning paper and morning mimosa at The Abbey before heading to the panel in the park (right behind The Abbey).

And if the morning mimosa isn't incentive enough, it was at last year's WEHO Book Fair that I met my military experience of last fall and winter... sitting right there in the audience of the panel I was on... cute, black, fit, fine, young and new in town ;-) Oops, did I share that with you? Well, if it happened to me, it can happen to you. And I know a lot of you are looking. Why not someone who reads? lol.

Until next time... spread the word and come on out to the WEHO Book Fair this weekend.
fs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all over it!

dancehard said...

yeah me too! Have church in the AM, so unfortunately I will miss your panel.....BOOOOOO!!!