Saturday, July 14, 2007

Anita. Sade. Some Music Never Fades.

Just road-tripped back to L.A. from S.D., and decided to pop a couple "old school" tunes into the player.

Except they don't sound so old school. And they don't sound dated like a lot of music from the 80s and 90s.

The Best of Anita Baker.
The Best of Sade.

Songs sound just as good today as they did when first released years ago. And are still the ideal romance music for when a special someone stops by for an overnight visit.

When I was a pre-teen/teen, one of my neighbors mom drove a group of us to school. At some point, Anita Baker's Rapture tape got stuck in the tape player, and we heard Anita Baker's Rapture every day for like three years from middle school to the beginning of high school in the morning when she dropped up off and in the afternoon when she picked us up.

I knew that tape/CD front to back. I was Anita'd out. But that's a good thing, because I love the music now :-)
fs

2 comments:

ThisMightBeMe said...

Anita is something else. She is the epitome of timeless classic.

Anonymous said...

Your blog brought back some great memories of some great music. I find myself going back to the oldies more and more.