Sunday, June 24, 2007

One Thing Triggers Another

It's amazing how memories just pop up outta nowhere.

Sitting here. Sunday. A little reading early morning. A little writing late morning. Now a little internet surfing.

But then I heard my next door neighbor's vaccuum start up. And then this childhood memory popped up. Just like that.

My mom used to play this Nikki Giovanni album, while doing housework, when I was a kid. Like A Ripple On A Pond. Eons ago. I loved listening to it as a kid. I know the album has long since disappeared from the household.

But now, excited to find it's kinda available online somewhere to purchase.

I guess my mom was lighting the literary flame in me without knowing it. And I guess my neighbor's vaccuuming was a good thing triggering up a long-lost memory.
fs

1 comment:

D.LavarJames said...

It's actually pretty amazing how the mind works. A certain sound, or scent can trigger something you thought was long forgotten. I know it happens to me all the time.