Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random Conversation Links

Some random conversations and such my friends and I have been having... feel free to chime in.

"We go to work, we go to church... we fake the perfect life." Lyrics to the perfect breakup song, Either Way by Lee Ann Womack. Do you read into/try to interpret the playlists your friends/partners put up on their MySpace?

We're happy that our Y&R fave, Jess Walton who plays Jill Abbott, has apparently re-signed and will be staying with the show according to Daytime Confidential. This, after tough negotiations that apparently called for a paycut or be let go. If you were in a negotiation with your current job, would you take the paycut or choose to leave? How much of a cut would you be willing to take to keep your job -- 10%, 20%, or how much more?

We're loving that radio host Steve Harvey has the #1 book in the U.S., Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. Please check out Tayari Jones' blog as she writes about how the media are not giving black women their props for making the book a success... some good insights. So the book is about romance, raising the standards, going for long-term than short-term, etc... Conversation question -- after how many dates or after what time frame do you have "the talk" with the person you've been seeing? Do you think we've lowered the standards?

Who's ready for Long Beach Pride??? With headliner, Jazmine Sullivan???

That's all... talk amongst yourselves...
fs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Steve Harvey's book. I've just read the synopsis and it's definitely a book I'd like to get my hands on.

But I never understand why we women, are forever preoccupied with 'getting' men. Do men spend as much time as us, trying to 'get' us? Why can't it be the other way round?

Honestly, I don't know why I should spend my time worrying about how to understand men and relationships. But maybe it's just me...

Very interesting book, nonetheless.