Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh What A Night Mix


Have you ever had a song that's on the tip of your tongue, but you didn't know the name or artist?

Well, for me it was/is Oh What A Night by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Don't ask. It's one of those "bar songs" I associate with my grad school days of the mid-90s, when a splurge was dollar and a penny pitcher night at the bar within walking distance of campus. Funny how a group of people with no money can make anything fun in grad school.

The other funny thing. I've just spent 45 minutes buying other songs that remind me of those penny pitcher grad school nights... among them, The Metro by Berlin, Don't Go by Yaz, Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield, Don't You Want Me by Human League, My Sharona by The Knack. Soooo not the boy who grew up in Detroit music, I know, but when you're one of a few in your grad cohort, you attempt to fit in :-)

So happy that song just came to me in a dream at 3 am, as all weekend I was trying to remember Oh What A Night, and it just wouldn't come.

Music from your memories?
fs

1 comment:

the last noel said...

I get into those song buying moods, 2! LOL. I understand.