Monday, November 26, 2007

Twas The Night Before...

So one of the students asked me today about what happens on book release day? Like, is there some big sha-bang, ta-da, whatever.

Honestly, it feels like any other day. Except that now people will be able to read something I created in the privacy of my home and laptop months ago. Life really doesn't change on a book release day. Because it seems so distant and removed from me. But it is very exciting nonetheless. It's mixed bag of feelings. Does that make sense?

That's the weird part. The time distance between creation and public display. Something that is part of your home and life will be part of other people's homes and lives. Something that you've talked about on and on and on... yeah, I'm a shameless self-promoter, but not in the "I'm better than" self promotion. In the "I want you to know" version.

But other than that... hmmm. Tonight the friend/ex came over. We had a drink. Some food. Watched Heroes (my first time watching, he's trying to get me hooked... not a match). He listened to some of the excerpts I plan to read. I listened to some of his job stressors. He just joined the staff of a politician and is learning the unspoken rules of that gig.

So. Right Side of the Wrong Bed is out. Hope you'll join me for the ride.
fs

3 comments:

Joseph said...

Fred,

Congrat! I just received my copy today. Yay! I've designated this upcoming saturday "right side of the wrong bed" day. I'll let you know what I think.

btw: the cover looks really great. Much better than the last.

Joseph.

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

awwwww!!!! I know about the night before jitters!!

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

congrats on the new book I will have to check this out. I enjoyed your first one.