Thursday, July 06, 2006

Outfest Film Festival. Los Angeles.

If you're in Los Angeles over the next couple weeks, you've gotta check out the Outfest Film Festival. Celebrating the newest, best, and brightest LGBT-focused films, this festival is a treat that I never miss.

Of course I don't or can't go to EVERY single film. And I won't this year. But a few films really stand out to me. Film descriptions here.

I'm excited about Maurice Jamal's film, Dirty Laundry, which will screen during Outfest. Maurice is one of those cool people I've met over this past year, and everything about the film and how it came to be is just positive and inspiring. And the lead character, portrayed by Rockmond Dunbar, seems to be very relatable and like a lot of us.

Also looking forward to the film Fat Girls. Just love that title. Sounds like fun.

And Boy Culture, starring Darryl Stephens from Noah's Arc, looks like a winner too.

Anyway, OUTfest is taking place July 6 - 17, 2006 in L.A. Hope you can check it out if you're in the area.
fs

No comments: