Monday, March 06, 2006

But Sure Not A Loser.


Best quote of the night, following the annual Academy Awards last night. On E!

"I didn't win, but I'm sure not a loser." -- Dolly Parton, with her big smile and humorous and positive personality, on her not winning an Academy Award for Best Original Song.

You know I admire the career of Dolly Parton... don't ask why, it's just my thing. I think she has one of the best attitudes about herself, being a celebrity, and life in general. And so darn funny in interviews! And so darn talented... having written almost 4,000 songs in her life.

Though it's cool to see hip-hop break through the Academy, it was nice to see Dolly Parton sing without the background dancers, visual effects, larger-than-life sets, etc...

Just the voice and natural talent.
fs

No comments: