Friday, July 08, 2005

Patti For The Weekend...



Aah. Here we are. Friday again. Feeling nostalgic, young, and restless. Brought out two of my favorite Patti LaBelle CDs for the gym this morning. Had to really dig in some boxes to find them... at 5 am.

Burnin is my favorite by Miss LaBelle. I'm In Love Again is a very close second. I remember my mom had that one on the big record. Time flies.

Time flies... from the crazy, busy, cool time of At The Beach L.A. to another weekend. Got one signing on Saturday in Long Beach, CA. Will visit a few stores in SoCali to sign the books they've got in stock. Hope to squeeze in a dance or drink with friends at our favorite local haunts. Gotta pack for another Bay Area trip for book signings. What else?

What are you up to on this nostalgic, young, and restless weekend?
fs

4 comments:

CubanDiva said...

I have been looking every where for your book. I even tried Amazon and B&N. Any suggestions?
Congrats on your book.

Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

Thanks for the ideas Fred...those are two good Patti selections...I am going to go pick those up today

the young people's professor said...

How did the signing go?

Frederick Smith said...

Signings are going well... and this one in Long Beach at Equal Writes was just fabulous! Cool crowd. Cool questions. I hope that young couple, though, gets some direction from a lot of people. Because they're intent on doing the Iraq thing... and don't ask, don't tell will only protect a relationship for so long...

As for the book, Cuban Diva, it should be available in all major bookstores and independents. On Amazon, it's under Down For Whatever. Good luck shopping!
fs