Sunday, July 31, 2005

Lazy Weekend

So it's been a lazy weekend. I never, ever sleep past 8 or 9 in the morning because I'm usually up at 5 doing something -- writing, working out, whatever. Been taking lots of long naps too.

In between, been totally mesmerized by Rashid Darden's book, Lazarus. I'm almost done and will probably just laze away the rest of the afternoon reading about the adventures of Adrian, the Beta Chi Phi's, and Potomac University. Trying to read some of the work of peers who've come out this year. Finished Trent Jackson's At This Moment last week. Alphonso Morgan's Sons the week before that. Lots of diverse styles and stories out there. Ready to tackle Terry McMillan's new one next. What other things are there to read?

Still, I sit here. Typing. Don't feel like doing much. If only I didn't have that darn laundry basket staring at me across the room. Gotta tackle that so I can pack for NYC. It's just a lazy Sunday afternoon in L.A.

fs

No comments: