Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Dreaming @ Jobs

OK. So it's 5:30 in the morning, and I just woke up from the most vivid dreams about new job offers.

The first, radio host and comedian Steve Harvey offered me a job to work with his company and radio show. I remember the exact offer. I remember the salary offer to work with him. And it was only 6 hours a day, from 4 - 10 am. And I would have had to commute between L.A., NYC, and Dallas a few times a week.

The second, I got offered a full-time "Grad" job (in grad school, my friends and I were graduate assistants, or Grads, for Residence Life -- we got free rent, tuition, and meals but no salary, in exchange for 20-25 hours a week of work.) In the dream, I loved the idea of working 20 hours a week for free rent in L.A.

The common theme with both dreams, besides the job offers -- they both lured me in with the idea that I'd have a LOT of free time to work on my writing and creative endeavors.

I'm not a dream analyst, but hmmm.... the topic/idea of creativity time has been on my mind lately.

Your latest dreams? Or interpretation of this series of dreams?
fs

No comments: