Saturday, March 07, 2009

Garage Sale Saturday

To me it seems like a sign of the economic times.

My gym is about a 10 minute drive from where I live. And in that short drive, I saw almost 20 garage sales. A legal and easy way to get rid of some things, and get some cash to get through the month.

But it's definitely more garage sales than I'm used to seeing around where I live. And definitely more that I'm used to seeing at the end of winter. When growing up, I tended to associate garage sales with summertime. And my grandma used to get us up at the crack of dawn to get through a list of "the good sales" in the so-called good neighborhoods.

Fun memory. But not-so-fun when you know that many people are selling their things to get through the month. This economy... (list your cliche of how bad it is here...)
fs

1 comment:

Keisha Kornbread said...

It's so funny you mentioned this. I actually went through my closet and pulled several garments off the shelves to sell on ebay. Dior sweaters and Louis Vuitton bags will be on the chopping block of ebay by week's end. We in a recession, dammit!! I need a few extra coins and tokens!!