Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Age Ain't Nothing But A Number

Spring time brings a lot of birthdays and holidays that honor some of the women in my life and family, so I've been thinking about gifts to get for that set who say they already have everything they need.

Found this anthology, Age Ain't Nothing But A Number, which was edited by novelist Carleen Brice. It features essays and fiction excerpts by black women on midlife, including work by some folks you may recognize... Maya Angelou, Pearl Cleage, Nikki Giovanni, and many others.

The book may or may not be the entire gift you give, but can be part of a gift basket/bag you put together for those spring birthdays and holidays some of us are gearing up for. And these feel-good and thought-provoking works can make all of us feel and realize that age ain't nothing but a number... it's how we feel and what we exude that count!
fs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only realised yesterday who you were.

I was going through some papers trying to sort out the mess, when I came across a page on which I had scribbled the name of your book, 'Right Side of the Wrong Bed' (which I haven't bought cause I understand it needs to be ordered from the publisher?!).

I guess I hadn't noticed who you were cause I never checked your profile.

Unknown said...

OH how Neat! It definintely sounds like a great gift for someone. I will look into it!