Wednesday, September 17, 2008

In The Midnight Hour

A little after midnight and I can't sleep.

That phrase/cliche, "Deep in the midnight hour" is popping in my head. Does anyone know the source or origin of the phrase? Besides the church pulpit?

Anyway, a weird science tip, deep in the midnight hour, someone is possibly having a sex-related stroke. As soon as I saw the headline on the CBS News website, it caught my eye and it became water cooler conversation for the co-workers who talk inappropriate science stuff with each other.

Someone, somewhere is also reading deep in the midnight hour. In a few weeks many of us will be reading Midnight by Sister Souljah. Midnight is the sequel to Sister Souljah's bestselling novel, The Coldest Winter Ever, and it will be released in late October/early November 2008.

It took me forEVER to finally pick up Coldest Winter a few years back. I was reluctant. One of my professional colleagues at the school said I HAD to read it, that it was one of her favorites of all times. I'd noticed it was one of the most frequently checked out novels from my department's library. So I picked it up... and couldn't put it down!

Midnight will be a book release I won't sleep on!
fs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't wait for this book to come out! i'm so glad she decided to give us more.

Unknown said...

LOVE the midnight hour...