Friday, June 15, 2007

The Secret Vacation

There's nothing like taking vacation time, and not telling anyone you're doing it. Well, I told you all who read this early in the week, but other than that... you get the gist.

There's nothing like taking vacation time... and not taking a vacation, too. My "vacations" tend to involve family or work, so that's not much of a vacation. But back to the point.

No one's been calling/bugging/visiting/inviting this week when they think I'm at work. I've been spending my "work hours" at the library, coffeehouse, at my friend's store breakroom, York Fashion, anywhere quiet where I can get my writing work done. In fact, I'm out the door in an hour or so.

And I tell you this. I haven't been this productive with my writing than when I was secretly writing Down For Whatever several years back. Since Monday, got about 15 pages done. Of course, in a few weeks, I'll discover only 10 are any good. But still... that's progress.

I think a "secret" vacation is what everyone needs... for writers, for peace of mind, for whatever you need.

lol
fs

2 comments:

D.LavarJames said...

A secret vacation is something that all of need from time to time. Especially when we want to get ourselves back into focus.

D

Reginald Harris said...

An excellent idea, and in some cases, the ONLY way to get any work done!