Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Lawn Service

I'm a morning person and usually am out the door for my office by 7 am. Today, I'm taking a rare day off. Decided I would start my day at 8 am instead. Looked forward to the extra... say 30 minutes in bed. No biggie.

Yeah, biggie.

At 7:15, the roar of the lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and hedge clippers woke me. Tuesday is lawn service day at my place. Totally forgot this is their work day here. When I was a kid, I hated Saturday mornings, when everyone in the neighborhood had yard work to do or had their lawn service guys over. Always woke me up... or interrupted my date with "The Smurfs."

Oh well. I'm up now, about to head over to my favorite coffee shop for a day of writing and people watching.

So much for 30 extra minutes of sleep.
fs

No comments: