Saturday, October 18, 2008

Call Me Crazy

Call Me Crazy is the newest release from Lee Ann Womack, who is one of my favorite country singers. It comes out on Tuesday and has already gotten "Album of the Year" type reviews already.

I love country music, if you didn't know already, for a number of reasons. Mainly the lyrics. And Lee Ann Womack tells some stories, that are quite relatable in the lyrics of her songs.

Some of my LAW favorites:

The inspirational I Hope You Dance (which about 5 years ago was the first LAW song I ever heard, totally random, while flying from L.A. to Detroit for Christmas break)

I May Hate Myself In The Morning (about that one f-buddy or ex you always turn to for comfort in the middle of the night, even though you know he's bad for you)

Twenty Years and Two Husbands Ago (reflecting on life, the choices made, and the life you have now)

Last Call (her current hit, about the one who calls you at the end of the night after he's had all his fun, while you sat at home waiting for him... I wrote about a Last Call situation I had earlier this summer)

Anyway, hope it's a great weekend for you. Make some memories... and call me crazy!
fs

No comments: