Monday, February 04, 2008

A Couple L.A. Book Events

I gotta say a few of my friends have given me a jokingly hard time for my supporting the Hillary 08 team. Experience? Inspiration? Either way, the Dems are in good shape for November. And presidential campaign stuff aside, most of us still have a daily life that will go on beyond whatever happens on Tuesday.

For me, one of those things includes writing. Took the day off from the office to write and do book work. Life beyond presidential politics also includes doing book talks and events.

Next week I have two in the L.A. area that I'm excited about.

On Monday, February 11 at 7 pm I'll be at Esowon Books in L.A.s Leimert Park neighborhood. That's exciting for me because it's my first event at Esowon. I know it'll be all cool. And I hope the readers from the area will come out.

On Wednesday, February 13 at 7:30 pm I'll be at A Different Light in West Hollywood. It's part of The Promising Series, a reading series initiated by my friend Noel Alumit, featuring new and established LGBT authors and/or works. The panel I'm on includes writers such as Peter Varvel and Margaux Permutt.

I've been out of the social loop lately, due to some major deadlines and projects due at the office... and my latest book being due. But getting out and meeting readers is very exciting to me. Hope to meet/greet with you soon!
fs

No comments: