Friday, September 07, 2007

Inspire

I have a lot of role models in my life.

Some... are in my mind, people I look up to and aspire to achieve like they do and have. Others... I know.

That's why I really loved Keith Boykin's recent column, The Black List: Top 100. The list just makes you realize how many positive people are part of the black community in the U.S. and worldwide. And Keith's an inspiration to me.

Many others. They're all in my mind. Gotta get them on paper, in my personal journal, one of these days.

Did I tell you I love to start my morning off with two songs: Make It Happen by Mariah Carey, and It's My Turn by Diana Ross. Well, I do.

And did you watch Oprah the other day, with President Clinton and his new book Giving? Great show. The message... we all can give and make a difference in our communities and abroad. Loved the micro-loan site, where ordinary people can help someone across the world... Kiva, loans that change lives.

I also think Clay Cane is cool. His writing really makes me think. People who make me think inspire me.

Have a great weekend!
fs

No comments: