Monday, September 10, 2007

First Person Plural

Can you believe it's fall already? Me either.

Geez, the time and summer flew by. It's a good thing (means it wasn't boring), but it's also an indicator of just how precious time is. It's also an indicator that all those resolutions we/you made nine months ago are still attainable and startable (is that a word... startable?)

I started reading the most interesting book on the plane back to L.A. First Person Plural, by Andrew W. M. Beierle. He's an author on the same label I am, Kensington, and Fiona gave me the galley while I visited her in Atlanta. Fascinating story, First Person Plural. About conjoined twins, men, one is gay and one is straight. Imagine. I couldn't imagine. I tend to get pretty squeamish at things, and I thought this story would make me a little weird, but it's a very touching and entertaining novel. I'd recommend it, if you're looking for some new fiction that is not your everyday book about gay characters.

So back in L.A. and back on the grind again. Soon as I got off the plane, it was non-stop action. Friends wanting to celebrate my birthday, which was two weeks ago, but I wasn't here. Got a bunch of mail to go through. Received two boxes of galleys of Right Side of the Wrong Bed. It's that time again... getting ready for the launch/birth of another book, while finishing up another one on deadline. Yeah, writers see their books as babies. At least I do. Back on the 5 am wake ups to write.

If I'm gonna get everything done I want to get done, I wish I could clone myself. Or become a first person plural myself.

Happy Monday!
fs

No comments: