Monday, May 15, 2006

Chocolate. Brown.



Chocolate brown is the new black.

So say the fashion and interior design magazines. And I can see why. It's so rich and elegant. And, though initially you might think it doesn't go with everything... It does.

This weekend I stayed at a hotel and the interiors were chocolate brown accented with light blue. Nice.

My sister did one section of a room in her house chocolate brown accented with a bright lime green. At first I was like.... hmmm, this is going to be interesting. But it's hot!

At Target the other day, I saw some beautiful accent pillows for a sofa or bed. They were chocolate brown and pink. Yes... PINK!

Anyway, whether it's for your home or your clothing, chocolate brown is hot and probably here to stay for a while. I guess.

A few sources for decorating with chocolate brown: HGTV and About Chocolate and iVillage.
fs

No comments: