Thursday, January 12, 2006

Start Big Things With Your Writing Career: VONA Summer Workshops


So a lot of folks talk to me about their writing and publishing aspirations... and I do whatever I can to help them find the resources they need to work on their dreams.

This opportunity -- the VONA (Voices of Our Nation) summer writing workshops -- could be a great one to look into.

It takes place last week of June and/or first week of July (so you can plan your San Francisco Pride visit around it), and I found it to be one of the most supportive workshops for valuing the voices of people of color, women, and the LGBT community. I participated in summer 2004 under the guidance of Gail Tsukiyama. I stayed for a week, but could have opted for two.

I know a lot of people want to do big things in 2006... and participating in VONA summer writing workshops could be the beginning of something big if your aspirations lean toward writing and publishing. And the best part... is getting stunning views like this to look at every day from the University of San Francisco campus!

1 comment:

D-Place said...

You are a bevy of writing information. Thanks for reaching out.