Thursday, November 05, 2009

Music, Arts, Activism Weekend

Long work week, but it's all worth it because I'll be going to see a couple of greats from my coming-of-age years.

Anita Baker on Saturday. EnVogue on Sunday. Both at the Nokia/L.A. Live area in downtown Los Angeles.

A couple weeks ago I just couldn't decide on which one. So I decided both... and have been bringing my lunch to work daily every since, lol.

If you're in L.A., another venue you should check out is The Luckman, located on the east side of L.A. on the Cal State L.A. campus. Great lineup of performers this season, including Lizz Wright (this weekend), Les Nubian (December), Itzhak Perlman, Kinky, and more. Check out the 2009-10 Luckman lineup.

Before I can get to enjoy all the arts festivities, I will need to get through a long day of work, a weekend Womyn of Color conference, and more.

Been doing a bit of writing, and of course attending arts and activism type events always gives you good writing material. Observing people can give you major insights.

Hope you're enjoying your week and possible weekend plans!
fs

No comments: