Thursday, August 13, 2009

Phat, Sick, Hot, Dope, Awesome

When a child, there were times when I would tell my parents "Stop acting so old!" when there was something of my generation they didn't get.

Now, my students tell me the same when I don't get something of their generation. Life's irony.

How Not to Act Old: 185 Ways to Pass for Phat, Sick, Hot, Dope, Awesome, or at Least Not Totally Lame is a fun new book by Pamela Redmond Satran, designed as a guide for anyone who doesn't want to embarass their kids or themselves.

Check out the author's blog, How Not To Act Old, and the author's column in Huffington Report.

Drop email. Stop leaving voicemails. Get to the bookstore -- i.e. the new HIP library -- and read this book (and others you like, but may or may not buy right away) :-)
fs

No comments: